Dear Customers and Vermont Community,
Grian Herbs Apothecary places a high priority on the health and well-being of our Vermont community. We are monitoring and evaluating the spread of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and we will follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov), World Health Organization (www.who.int), and the Vermont Department of Health (www.healthvermont.gov).
As of March 15, 2020 these are the following guidelines for the apothecary concerning COVID-19 to help protect our elders, asthmatics, and immune compromised.
- We are disinfecting all high touched surface areas, such as door knobs, handles, scoops. counter surfaces and faucets in our apothecary. We are washing our hands very frequently and using hand sanitizer. We are also diffusing a disinfectant essential oil blend throughout the day at our service counter to help minimize viral droplet spread in the air.
- We have a hand sanitizer station at the front door. Please apply sanitizer to your hands before walking into the bulk room, retail space, or front counter.
- We request that people avoid handling products, books, and other items in the retail space that they do not intend to buy. The less items we touch, the less chance of contamination.
- A request to use debit or credit cards for purchases, rather than cash (which is often a hidden reservoir of microbes) if possible.
- We ask that you do not come into the Apothecary if you’re sick or showing any symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat). Please send a healthy friend or family member to pick up whatever it is that you need. You can also call or email us if you need further assistance (802) 223-0043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use our bags for bulk herbs and keep your reusable items at home. We also will not be refilling peoples bottles from home either.
- For the time being, our apothecary hours have shortened. Our business hours are Tues – Sat 12:00 – 3:00 pm.
- Our public bathroom located upstairs above the apothecary will be temporarily closed to the public to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, sorry for this inconvenience.
Please self quarantine if you can, and if not, reduce your interactions with people outside of your immediate household, especially if you live with immune compromised people, people with asthma, elderly, etc. Every day take care of yourself to help support your immune system and keep your body healthy. Eat good food. Drink lots of water. Minimize alcohol and refined sugar consumption. Take plenty of relaxing baths and showers. Read books, play games, go for walks in the woods, catch up on TV shows and movies, etc. My family and I personally love to watch nature documentaries and comedies, laughter is important during stressful times.
Iris Gage, RH (AHG), & Carmen Reyes
Grian Herbs Apothecary